As a nonprofit news organization, Fresnoland relies on the generosity of our supporters to keep our stories free for all to read.
Fresnoland has received support with grants from:
- Emerson Collective/Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- The James Irvine Foundation
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Kresge Foundation
- California Wellness Foundation
- Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
- The James B. McClatchy Foundation
- The California Endowment
- The Central Valley Community Foundation
- The Water Desk at the University of Colorado at Boulder
- USC Annenberg Center for Health Journalism
- Paul Gibson and Joan Eaton
- The Rappaport Family Foundation
- and our community of local donors
Donor Independence Policy
Acceptance of financial support does not constitute implied or actual endorsement of donors or their products, services or opinions. We do not give supporters and funders the rights to assign, review or edit content.
Fresnoland may also may consider donations to support the coverage of particular topics, but we will maintain editorial control of the coverage. We will cede no right of review or influence of editorial content by our funders nor the subjects of our storytelling and research.
Fresnoland will always disclose all donors that give at least $1,000 annually or greater.
A copy of our latest 990 tax return can be found below.