Fresnoland is looking for a part-time audience and social media intern to join our team for the Fall 2023 Semester, beginning in September through December.
Fresnoland is a nonprofit journalism startup with a mission to make policy public by, for, and with all residents of the central San Joaquin Valley through investigative, explanatory and engagement journalism.
The job is part-time, at 10 hours per week, paying $20 per hour. The job can be remote or hybrid. Fresnoland does have a physical office available for local candidates to use.
In this job, you may be taking on a variety of assignments, including:
- Scheduling and posting daily original stories from Fresnoland to Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Threads
- Identifying social media trends that Fresnoland can build original content from
- Implementing the creation of original Fresnoland content for TikTok
- Working with the editorial team to help research and write content for the newsletter
- Working with the team to develop a social media marketing strategy for a fall event
- Support the team’s marketing strategy for Fresnoland’s end-of-year fundraising campaign
A successful candidate will be creative, organized, have a strong sense of humor, and willing to take initiative.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Additionally, we welcome candidates from all majors.
To apply, please share a resume, a writing and multimedia example, and a reference contact in this form. Applications are due no later than Monday, August 21.