Here’s what you need to know:
- Supervisor Vander Poel commented how Item 11 refers to opioid treatment but some people who transported thousands of opioid pills were recently released.
- An agreement with the Pixley Public Utilities District for the Park Drive Water Main Extension Project was approved. This agreement increases the project budget by $2 million, which is covered by ARPA funds.
- Gaylen Williams, a member of the public, spoke about his plans to open a cannabis business in the South Valley. Supervisor Shuklian responded by requesting to discuss the moratorium on cannabis in the county as part of her Board Matter Requests.
- When is the Park Drive Water Main Extension Project proposed to be completed?
- Why is there a moratorium on cannabis in Tulare County and how long has it existed?
- Larry Micari, District One
- Pete Vander Poel III, District Two
- Amy Shuklian, District Three
- Eddie Valero – Chairman, District Four
- Dennis Townsend – Vice Chair, District Five
- Jason T. Britt, County Administrative Officer
- Jennifer M. Flores, County Council
- Melinda Benton, Chief Clerk
The Tulare County Board of Supervisors meeting was held simultaneously both in-person and streamed via YouTube and Zoom at 9 a.m. on July 12, 2022. It began with the pledge of allegiance and a moment of silence.
- Board of Supervisors matters
- Supervisor Vander Poel
- Last week was a Tulare Chamber of Commerce meeting.
- Upcoming is the Tulare County Employees Retirement Association, Investment Committee meeting, and he will be meeting with HHSA administration.
- Supervisor Shuklian
- Last week was the reopening Ruth Wood Open Arms hospice home and the ImagineU barbeque fundraiser.
- Upcoming is the Mental Health Board meeting, Workforce Investment meeting, Chamber of Commerce meeting, and other meetings with constituents.
- Supervisor Micari
- Upcoming meeting with department heads, a meeting with D. R. Horton, and Strathmore Public Utility District meeting.
- Supervisor Townsend
- Last week was the Sirera View Foundation meeting, Government Affairs Committee for Porterville Chamber of Commerce, Local Agency Formation Commission, Tule River Improvement Joint Powers Agreement meeting,
- Upcoming is his 40th anniversary, TCAG meeting, and an East Tulae GSA special meeting.
- Supervisor Valero
- Last week was the July Blast at the Park, Peña’s Disposal cleanup event, ImagineU barbeque fundraiser, attended the Caminos exhibit at the AG museum, supporting the community center in Badger, Three River’s hot dog festival, meeting with Kings River East GSA, and had his birthday with Supervisor Micari.
- Supervisor Vander Poel
- The consent calendar was approved
- Supervisor Vander Poel noted that Item 11 is a grant with Kings View for Opioid treatment and some people who transported thousands of opioid pills were released “thanks to California law”. He also notes that Item 13 is an MOU with the Superior Court of Tulare County and that the County supports the Court.
- Request from the Resource Management Agency to approve an agreement with the Pixley Public Utilities District for the Park Drive Water Main Extension Project in an amount not to exceed $2,000,000, effective July 12, 2022 through December 31, 2024.
- Denise England presented the request. It is the first ARPA infrastructure agreement with the PIxley Public Utilities District.
- Problems the Pixley Public Utilities District (PUD) faces
- PUD cannot serve several residents along Park Avenue due to insufficient water supply, Highway 99 divides the community, there is good water on the west side, and a larger water main exists on the west side.
- The project proposes the water main comes up on Main Street and goes under HIghway 99. It proposes to replace the 4 inch water main with a 12 inch water main.
- Budget Adjustments
- Increase project budget by $2 million and increase RMA Project Administration budget by $25,000, All costs are covered by ARPA funds.
- Public Comment
- Gaylen Williams is trying to open a cannabis business in the South Valley and provided the Board with his business plans to discuss later. Supervisor Valero said it would be better if he spoke during public comment at the next meeting.
- Board Matter Requests
- Supervisor Shuklian requested to add an item about moratoriums on cannabis.
There was no public comment.
The meeting adjourned to a closed session.
If you believe anything in these notes is inaccurate, please email us at Documentersfirstname.lastname@example.org with “Correction Request” in the subject line.